For the purposes of this Statement, “Personal Information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals. “Non-Identifiable Information” means information that cannot be associated with or traced back to specific individuals with a certainty.
HOW AND WHEN COPE GROUP COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
COPE GROUP collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through surveys, contest entry forms, registration forms, questionnaires and transaction documents both online and offline. The personal Information includes contact information (name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.) demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY COPE GROUP
COPE GROUP uses personal information that it collects for the following:
- To communicate with individuals
- To understand individual needs
- To promote and offer products, services and special offers that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by COPE GROUP
- To provide individuals with products or services that are requested or that is part of COPE GROUP’ ongoing service with its customers
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with COPE GROUP’ customers
- The information also enables us to develop and customize our products and services to better meet the needs and preferences of customers. COPE GROUP may, from time to time, contract individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY COPE GROUP
COPE GROUP does not sell, rent or trade personal information that it collects. COPE GROUP will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When COPE GROUP has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances, specifically described at such time as personal information is collected
- When COPE GROUP, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure
- To affiliated and associated companies within COPE GROUP and only for the purpose as described here in. These affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described herein
- To its agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to services customers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described herein
- In the event of the sale of COPE GROUP, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY COPE GROUP
At such time when personal information is no longer required for the purpose stated in this Privacy Statement of other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made non-identifiable or destroyed.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
COPE GROUP collects and uses non-identifiable information to assess the effectiveness of website content and traffic. This allows COPE GROUP to improve the quality of visits to websites by streamlining visitors’ ability to navigate these sites and develop featured programs and content that will be of interest to visitors. Aggregate non-identifiable information is used to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behaviors of individuals, and to measure demographics and interests.
WEBSITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES
Websites operated by COPE GROUP may contain links to other websites that may collect personal information. This Statement does not extend to the data collection, disclosure, use and retention practices of such third parties and COPE GROUP does not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of such third parties. Individuals should read the privacy policies of such third parties, and make an informed decision about whether or not to visit such websites and/or provide personal information to such third parties based upon their privacy practices and individual discretion.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
COPE GROUP has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of COPE GROUP. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. COPE GROUP does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. COPE GROUP employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by COPE GROUP other than in accordance with this Statement.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by COPE GROUP. COPE GROUP believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help COPE GROUP keep personal information as current as possible, COPE GROUP encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by COPE GROUP as often as necessary. To access, verify and correct or amend personal information, please email email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Customer Registration: In order to register for our Services, Customers must provide certain Personal Information to us such as their name, company name and email address. We use this information to manage Customer accounts and provide the Services.
Device Identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers allow us to uniquely identify your device and are used to enhance the Service (including sending updates and information from the Service). A device identifier does not collect or share any personally identifiable information about you. A device identifier may be used in conjunction with personally identifiable information.
Statistics and Analytics: We also collect statistics about use of the Services which we use for analytics including predictive analytics. Aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties. We may also collect information (which may include using third party services) using cookies and logging and cookies which can sometimes be correlated with Personal Information. We use this information to monitor and analyze use and interest in the Service. See the section on “Service Providers” for more detail in this respect.
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
Third-Party Links: The Website may contain links to other third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. Such third-party websites are governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party providers and we are not involved in any interaction or transaction between you and such third-parties.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Ads is a remarketing service provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
To file a complaint with COPE GROUP concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be investigated by COPE GROUP as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
THE CHOICE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR TO RECEIVE CERTAIN INFORMATION AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply COPE GROUP with personal information. Individuals wishing to ‘opt-out’ of receiving certain informational and promotional materials from COPE GROUP or who otherwise object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under this Privacy Statement, are asked to contact the Privacy Officer at COPE GROUP by email at email@example.com.
Opt-out opportunities are also provided in other circumstances such as in certain promotional mailings. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and COPE GROUP, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to complete purchases of COPE GROUP products and services and limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features. Your personal information is obtained and used only with your consent which may be expressed or implied depending on the circumstance.
PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED AS PART OF PURCHASE TRANSACTION
Additional personal information, in excess of what is outlined in this Statement, may be required to facilitate the successful completion of a purchase and sale agreement between COPE GROUP and a purchaser. Where additional personal information is required or collected, the agreement of purchase and sale will outline the conditions on which such personal information is collected, retained, and/or distributed. When a conflict exists between this Statement and the applicable agreement of purchase and sale; the agreement of purchase and sale will govern.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF STATEMENT
This Statement has been adopted by COPE GROUP as of January 9, 2020. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on copegroup.ca as soon as practical.
COPE GROUP attempts to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and current, but cannot guarantee that all information presented here is accurate, free of errors and up-to-date. As such, COPE GROUP urges you to use this website for informational and illustrational purposes only, and to consult a sales representative at our sales centre for the most current and accurate information. All illustrations are artist’s concepts only, and actual appearance may differ. Floor plans and room dimensions only apply to one of the elevations shown, and may be different for other elevations. Actual usable floor space may vary from stated floor areas. Specifications, dimensions, plans, elevations, prices, terms, conditions, subdivision configurations and all other information contained on this website is subject to change without notice, and is subject to construction variances. In the event of any disagreement or inconsistency between the information on this website and the information available at the sales centre, the information at the sales centre will prevail. E.&O.E.
COPE GROUP Contact Information
All inquiries, amendments, complaints or contact for any other reason regarding this Privacy Statement should be addressed as follows:
Cope Group Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officer
33 Davies Ave., Suite 200, Toronto